Birmingham | Dallas | Houston
Alabama: 205-378-8121 Texas: 214-377-1416


News and Updates

Where to Dispute Credit Report Errors

If you discover inaccurate information on your credit report, it is important to dispute with the correct entity. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), disputes of inaccurate information must be sent to the Credit Reporting Agency (“CRA”). These companies are Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. All three companies can take disputes online and via mail. It’s also a good idea to copy the dispute to the company furnishing the information but sending a dispute solely to the company furnishing the information will not trigger any legal obligation to dispute.

If the CRA and the furnisher fail to correct the information, you may have a claim under the FCRA for damages, costs, and attorney’s fees.

Leave a Reply